You ever seen a recipe photo and know you had to make what you were looking at? Thus was the case with this pie. As I was laying out in my backyard, enjoying the little sun the PNW was providing, I came across this beauty. She was staring at me from a tiny corner photo in my Country Living Mag. It was love at first sight. So, I brought her home. She met my parents.
I've only ever made one other pie in my life before - so I was a bit concerned about the whole crumble topping. Oh, my goodness, though - the best thing of my life.
3 cup(s) fresh blueberries
1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 stick of butter, cold and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 425°.
2. In a large bowl toss blueberries with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
3. In another bowl, combine the rest of the sugar and flour with a pastry blender - until pea sized.
4. Spread the crumble evenly over the blueberry mixture - it seems like a lot, but its just right.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, reduce the oven to 350° and bake for another 35 minutes.
6. Allow pie to cool and set.
Everybody loved this pie - and gobbled it up rather quickly. Needless to say, sometimes you can judge the pie from it's photo. (even if just this once).
Part II of the pie project. See part I: Caramel Salted Apple Pie